What We Do
Indie Film Law is an extension of the Entertainment Law practice of Adler Law Group in Chicago, Illinois. For over a decade, we have guided and assisted screenwriters, filmmakers and producers through the changing, often confusing and always exciting labyrinth of issues that is Independent Filmmaking.
Whether you are a first-time Director or a seasoned Executive Producer, we offer cost-effective expertise and timely professional service to clients across a broad range of organizational, finance, contractual and intellectual property issues in the motion picture, television, and multimedia industries.
Our Services Include:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) and Corporation formation and related documentation
- Draft and manage Private Placement Memorandum for investors
- Act as Production Counsel
- Draft Operating Agreements
- Manage regulatory compliance
- Draft cast and crew agreements (Producer, Line Producer, Director, Casting Director, Key Talent
- Draft release agreements (location, extra)
- Negotiate and draft Music Synchronization agreements;
- Negotiate and draft Sponsorship/Product Placement agreements
- Provide Legal Opinions on Chain of Title, Copyright Clearance, Rights of Publicity
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Fair Use
Learn more about the firm’s Entertainment & Media Law practice at www.ecommerceattorney.com/entertainmentlaw.html.
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Defamation and First Amendment rights
- Register Copyrights & Trademarks
- Provide Counsel on issues related to Trademark usage